Please check back later in the Summer to register for our 2020/2021 program.
At Tanadoona, we see nature as the catalyst for growth. The outdoors provides the chance to unplug and build personal connections with friends and the natural world. As a Teen Outdoor Leader you’ll begin to discover your personal leadership style and put it into action!
This is a great learning and team-building opportunity for teens who are thinking about joining our summer Leadership Development Program.
Together, we’ll meet throughout the school year to work on skills used to survive in the natural world and connect it with skills used to authentically lead in our modern world. Plus, we’ll bring in special guests to learn more about nature-based and environmental careers!
With teen-driven programming based on your interests, each session includes:
- An outdoor focused lesson (snowshoeing, orienteering, outdoor cooking, archery, canoeing, pond study, gardening, etc.)
- A leadership lesson (communication, problem solving, leadership styles, service learning, discovering your spark or passion, etc.)
- Connecting with other teens like you who share a passion for the outdoors
- And a snack… occasionally prepared over the fire!
This program is designed for teens who:
- are 12-16 years old.
- like to build your outdoor skills.
- are looking to participate in and lead service projects.
- are curious about how to become a more confident leader.
- want to spend more time with other teens who love nature and Tanadoona.
- want to have their voice co-create their leadership program!
Call or email us if you have any questions!
Scholarships available! Application available once registration opens.
Pricing for the full year (October – May)
Meetings only: $75/teen
Meetings + Winter Extravaganza Overnight (December 6-7): $125/teen
Meetings + Bluewater Retreat (May 1-3): $145/teen
Meetings + both retreats: $175/teen