At Tanadoona, we see nature as the catalyst for growth. The outdoors provides the chance to unplug and build personal connections with friends and the natural world. As a Teen Outdoor Leader, you’ll begin to discover your personal leadership style and put it into action!
Teen Outdoor Leaders meet throughout the season to work on skills used to thrive in the natural world and apply those skills to ways we can improve our modern world. This is a great learning and team-building opportunity for teens who are thinking about joining our summer Leadership Development Program.
We understand that teens need spaces where they feel safe, valued, and free to explore. In Teen Outdoor Leaders, teens are encouraged to discover how they can bring their personal, authentic leadership styles into the community through service learning. Plus, we’ll bring in special guests to learn more about nature-based and environmental careers!
This program is teen-driven based on your interests; each session includes:
- An outdoor activity (snowshoeing, orienteering, outdoor cooking, archery, canoeing, pond study, gardening, etc.)
- Leadership exploration (communication, problem solving, leadership styles, service learning, discovering your spark or passion, etc.)
- Connecting with other teens like you who share a passion for the outdoors and environment
Fall 2021 Season – Dates & Cost
- Meetings: every other Tuesday, 5-7pm
- October 5, 19
- November 2, 16, 30
- December 14
- Teen Retreat + Team-building: Sunday, October 17, 12-5pm
Please plan to eat dinner before Tuesday meetings or when you get home, but feel free to bring a snack (nut-free).
Scholarships are available for Teen Outdoor Leadership
Please contact us if you have any questions – email@example.com | 612.235.7284
This program is designed for teens who:
- Are 12-17 years old.
- Like to build your outdoor skills.
- Are looking to participate in and lead service projects.
- Are curious about how to become a more confident leader.
- Want to spend more time with other teens who love nature and Tanadoona.
- Want to have their voice co-create their leadership program!
We follow CDC and MDH recommendations for camp programs. These may change throughout the year and we’ll continue to monitor to update our policies accordingly.
As a predominately outdoor program, mask/face coverings are only required to be worn when inside buildings.
Please make sure to bring a mask each day. When masks are needed, we require well-fitting face masks with proper filtration as recommended by the CDC and MDH.
Participants, staff, and visitors are responsible for conducting a Health Screening prior to attending programs. Please let a staff member know if:
- Participant has any symptoms of COVID-19.
- A member of your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Participant or any other household members who have symptoms for COVID-19 are waiting for test results. 4. In the last 14 days participant has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or has been asked to quarantine.
We have cleaning procedures in place to wipe down surfaces in communal spaces, water fountains, and other frequently touched surfaces and equipment throughout the day. Handwashing/sanitizing stations will be available throughout the program space. Participants will frequently wash/sanitize their hands.
Staff are required to comply with our Mandatory Vaccination Policy, requiring staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.