Applications for Summer 2024 are now open
Kids (and all of us) need nature now more than ever. Join our team to share the magic of summer camp and adventures in the outdoors with so many young people!
For more information about working at Camp scroll to the bottom of the page.
Note: Applicants from countries outside of the U.S. must first apply to an international staffing agency to be considered. The agencies we currently work with are Camp America and Camp Leaders.
Click on the links below to see the roles available for Summer 2024, then click “Apply Now.”
Additional Information for Staff
Benefits and Pay
- Camp Fire Minnesota aims to be a leader in pay equity for on-site staff and we are proud to offer double the median pay offered by resident camps across the country, according to research conducted by the American Camp Association.
- Meals and lodging for on-site staff are provided all summer, including weekends.
- 2 to 3-weeks of paid staff training (depending on position).
- We offer staff outings and social activities each weekend.
- On-site staff a break each day, 1 paid day off during the summer, and time off between Friday evening and Sunday midday.
Why work at this camp?
- Build on Your Education: You’ll receive a comprehensive staff training. In these trainings, we’ll learn about camp activities, behavior management, how to work with youth of all ages and backgrounds, and more.
- Help Youth Grow Strong: You will help campers learn about themselves and others, learn new skills and encourage them to have fun in a safe outdoor environment.
- Build Incredible New Relationships: You will meet the wildest, most caring, fun-loving, adorable, energetic, courageous, and confident campers around! You will also meet other incredible staff that will become lifelong friends.
- Have Fun! While “camp is for the camper,” you’ll leave having had an amazing summer, meeting other incredible counselors, learning about yourself, trying new things, and exploring the outdoors.
Meet some of our staff
Meet a Camper/Staff Alum: Lalo “Rio” Edmondson (pronouns: he/him)
Meet Lalo, a local ESL teacher. He began coming to Camp Fire Minnesota’s summer camp program at the age of 13. Lalo participated in our Leadership Development program and went on to become a counselor, growing confidence in himself as a leader. He is now on our Board of Directors and was our 2023 Day Camp Coordinator! Watch more about Lalo’s experience here.
Plus – Watch a few staff highlights from last summer on our TikTok!
Can’t work the whole summer?
That’s okay – please still apply and let’s chat! We want staff to have some flexibility to take on other adventures throughout the summer, while still serving all our campers.
A few things to keep in mind:
- All staff are expected to be a part of staff training. If you are starting with us mid-summer you will receive on the job training.
- Hiring preference is given to staff who can commit to more weeks or the full summer. Please share dates you may or will need off before or during your interview.
- Most leadership positions require a full season commitment.