Spark your students’ curiosity through hands-on, experiential learning outdoors! Conveniently located in the Twin Cities southwest metro area, Tanadoona provides a variety of natural habitats for students to explore and expand on in-classroom lessons.
Our trained staff will engage your students and staff in environmental education classes that encourage discovery and in conversations about being good stewards of our natural surroundings.
Tanadoona’s 103 acres of outdoor classroom feature:
- Big Woods forest
- Three habitat types – black ash swamp, wetlands and savanna
- Watersheds for Minnesota River and Mississippi River
- 2,000 feet of shoreline on Lake Minnewashta
- Team-building and high ropes challenge courses
Deepen the learning – invite our Environmental Educators into your classroom to build on your field trip – in-class programs can be added before or after your field trip.
Now Scheduling 2018 Field Trips & In-Class Programs!
- Field Trip environmental education curriculum is tied directly to the Minnesota state education standards and is sure to be a hit with your students!
- In-class Programs led by our Environmental Educators in your classroom deepen the learning from your students’ field trip. Interactive in-class programs engage your students – and are customized to your goals.
- Team-building challenge course, climbing wall and high ropes course challenge your students and help build teamwork, confidence and camaraderie among your group (for adult groups too!).
Our staff will meet with your team to customize a schedule based on the needs of your class, goals and transportation. Contact us using the form below to discuss your field trip.
$8/student, K-6 Field Trip (minimum $200 for group) for school day schedule (sample schedule below). Schedules are flexible and dependent on school transportation timelines.
*Scholarships available to help make nature-based learning accessible to your students.
Team-building challenge course, high ropes, climbing wall and archery programs are available for an additional cost.
|Time||Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Group 5|
|9:30||Team-Building||Animal Adaptations||Math-Venture Race||Water and Wetlands||Forest Exploration|
|10:10||Animal Adaptations||Math-Venture Race||Water and Wetlands||Forest Exploration||Team-Building|
|10:50||Math-Venture Race||Water and Wetlands||Forest Exploration||Team-Building||Animal Adaptations|
|12:00||Water and Wetlands||Forest Exploration||Team-Building||Animal Adaptations||Math-Venture Race|
|12:40||Forest Exploration||Team-Building||Animal Adaptations||Math-Venture Race||Water and Wetlands|
“We will be back!”
“We have been searching for a new field trip for the last 4 years, trying things that did not fit our needs. I think we found a new one! We will be back!”