At Tanadoona, we offer campers a traditional summer camp experience with canoeing, archery, swimming, kayaking, environmental education, high ropes course and more. Our main focus, however, is building positive relationships with campers and helping them discover their spark.
Kids (and all of us) need nature now more than ever. Join our team to share the magic of summer camp and adventures of the outdoors with so many youth and teens!
View our Job Descriptions
* applications continue to be accepted through the summer.
To apply, complete BOTH of the following forms:
Camp Season: June 14 – September 3, 2021
Additional Information for Staff
Can’t work the whole summer?
That’s okay – please still apply and let’s chat! We want staff to have some flexibility to take on other adventures throughout the summer, while still serving all our campers.
A few things to keep in mind:
- ALL new staff are expected to be a part of staff training. If you are starting with us mid-summer you will receive on the job training.
- Hiring preference is given to staff who can commit to more weeks or the full summer. Please share dates you may or will need off before or during your interview.
- Most leadership positions require a full season commitment.
- ALL staff receive Friday evening-Sunday off.
Benefits of working at Tanadoona
- Build on Your Education: You’ll receive a comprehensive staff training and on-going team-building sessions. In these trainings, we’ll learn about camp activities, behavior management, parent communication, how to work with youth of all ages and backgrounds, the importance of developmental assets, and proper health and safety guidelines. These are valuable skills you’ll use throughout your life, no matter what profession you follow. Check out this New York Times article and Huffington Post article to learn more about the benefits of camp (or if you need to convince your parents!).
- Help Youth Grow Strong: Tanadoona counselors are caring individuals who love the outdoors and are dedicated to giving youth an amazing summer camp experience. You will help campers learn about themselves and others, learn new skills and encourage them to have fun in a safe outdoor environment.
- Build Incredible New Relationships: You will meet the wildest, most caring, fun-loving, adorable, energetic, courageous, and confident campers around! They will impact your lives forever, and you will create memories that last a lifetime for you – and for them. You will also meet other incredible staff that will become lifelong friends. We cherish the diversity and community our staff share each summer.
- Have Fun! While “camp is for the camper,” you’ll leave having had an amazing summer, meeting other incredible counselors, learning about yourself, trying new things, and exploring the outdoors.