With the cancellation of summer camp due to COVID-19, we are opening Tanadoona for picnic reservations. Tanadoona is a special place to so many and features 103 acres to explore – come on out and create your own personal adventures at Tanadoona!
please note: when registering, you will need to list out all those who will be joining you.
Picnic Reservation Details
What’s included: Your reservation includes a picnic area (which is your home base during your visit) and a camp-in-a-bag activities package (yours to keep!). Feel free to bring a meal, explore and enjoy Tanadoona’s trails, games, and common areas. Bring your own games or use some of Tanadoona’s field game supplies. Tanadoona supplies can only be used by one group per time slot and will be cleaned following each time slot daily.
Dates: Wednesday – Sunday, starting July 8
2 Time Slots: 11a.m. – 2p.m. and 4-7p.m.
Cost: $45/group (max of 10 people)
How to make your reservation:
- Choose Your Preferred Picnic Site (scroll through the photos below):
- Pavilions within Day Camp Circle (Bluestem, Basswood, Cattail)
- Shelters throughout the wetlands (Shelters 1, 2 and 3)
- Corona Circle + Big Woods Overlook
- Click here to the registration system
- Sort by site name and/or dates
- Select the time slot, then add to cart
- Enter information for each person attending
Important: wearing a mask is required anytime you’re interacting with Tanadoona staff during your visit.
Please review all FAQs below.
FAQs: Review before attending
All cancellations must be submitted by email. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Picnic Cancellation.”
- Cancelled 1 week in advance: full refund issued.
- Cancelled less than 1 week in advance: no refund.
- Health-related cancellation: notify us asap, we’ll hold a credit for a future reservation.
In the case of inclement weather, Camp Fire will notify groups if Tanadoona is close with as much notification as possible. If your reservation is cancelled by Camp Fire due to weather, you’ll have a credit on your account to reschedule. If you’re unable to find another time, your fee will be refunded.
Inclement weather includes thunderstorms and other severe weather. In the case of heat advisories, extra water stations will be set-up throughout camp (just as we do for summer camp).
Required Waivers + COVID-19 Precautions
We ask that anyone feeling sick, displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or has in the past 14 days has been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 to not visit Tanadoona.
All Picnic visitors are required to sign 2 waivers (Group Agreement and Liability Waiver, and COVID Waiver) . If you made the reservation for your group,
- you are responsible for collecting these from the ADULTS in your group when you arrive.
- you are responsible for bringing signed waivers for any MINORS in your group who are not accompanied by their legal guardian.
- links to printable PDFs of the waivers are in your reservation confirmation email.
Hygiene + Social Distancing
- Help limit contact with staff, limit your interactions between one adult and Camp Fire staff.
- Masks are required during check-in and any interaction with staff.
- Masks are strongly encouraged within groups if multiple households are in your group.
- Maintain at least 6′ distance from others on the property and wear masks when passing others.
- Hand Sanitizer is available at all Biffs (porta potties), at Nature Center, and outside the Community & Dining Center.
- Hand washing is available at Corona Bathhouse.
- Daily, we will be cleaning:
- Biffs (porta potties)
- Between time slots, we will be cleaning
- Tanadoona sports/game equipment and supplies
- Picnic tables
- Other high-touch areas (i.e. spigot, gaga ball, etc.)
- Maximum of 10 people per reservation
- Follow social distancing requirements
- Attend only if healthy, not displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
- Follow Leave No Trace principles, including clearing your your trash, respecting wildlife and being considerate of others
- Upon arrival, all groups must check-in next to the office + submit waivers (see Waivers + COVID-19 Precautions below)
- (recommended) group is from the same household
What comes in the Camp-in-a-bag?
Camp-in-a-bag is included with each reservation. It includes:
- Drawstring bag
- Bandanna with a map of the Tanadoona Trails
- Nature Journal (extras are available)
- Deck of cards
- Heavyweight frisbee
- Collection of Tanadoona songs and camp games
- Friendship bracelet kit
Activity ideas for your visit
The camp-in-a-bag that comes with your reservation sets you up with a few activities, but we encourage you to explore Tanadoona bringing your own ideas and activities too. We have lots of trails to explore the Big Woods and visit the wetlands. The 3-hour time will go fast!
- hike the trails
- check-out games or sports equipment to play in the field or at your picnic area
- bring a hammock to lounge
- play Gaga Ball
- go on our nature scavenger hunt
- bring binoculars for bird watching
- bring supplies for a My Nature Connection activity
- … make it what you want!
Please note that campfires are not currently permitted.
Keep in mind that some of our areas are closed off, including the beach or waterfront area, archery, agility course, low ropes course, high ropes course, climbing wall, giant swing.
Activity/Game supplies available at Tanadoona
We have a variety of activity and game supplies available. All are cleaned at the end of each picnic time slot. Feel free to bring your own games and activity supplies as well.
- Gaga ball
- Soccer ball and goals
- Disc golf
- Bocce Ball
- Hula Hoops
What do I bring? (And leave at home?)
What to bring:
- games and activities you’d like for your group
- sunscreen + bug repellent
- water bottles
- food/snacks, as desired
- wear closed-toe shoes (recommended)
What to leave at home:
- alcohol, tobacco products, vaping products, weapons of any kind
- see the full terms in your participation agreement in Active.
Staff are not leading programming, therefore the following areas will be closed off. You will not be able to access:
- beach or waterfront area
- agility course
- low ropes course
- high ropes course
- climbing wall
- giant swing
Due to COVID-19, access to facilities will be limited.
- Corona Bathhouse
- Biffs (porta potties) with hand sanitizer located throughout camp
- ADA Biff located near Day Camp Circle
Water spout locations:
- outside front of the Community & Dining Center
- spigot in Day Camp (Ginkgo) Circle
- spigot near Climbing Wall
No indoor access is available; please plan accordingly.
Is scholarship support available?
Yes! Families seeking scholarship support to reserve a Tanadoona picnic can email Jayna at email@example.com with subject “Picnic Scholarship”. Please include your preferred dates and locations, as well as the best way to reach you.